Please send a resume and cover letter to elizabeth@YESiskiyou.org with "Visitation Facilitator Application" in the subject line. Applications submitted through Facebook will not be considered.
Youth Empowerment Siskiyou is a private non-profit agency that advocates for trauma-exposed, foster, and at-risk youth. YES operates a Court Appointed Special Advocate program as well as a trauma-informed summer camp program and is launching a supervised visitation program.
Youth Empowerment Siskiyou is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
POSITION: Visitation Facilitator
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
HOURS: 40 hours per week/hourly. Evenings and Saturday shift required.
This grant-funded position will work with the Supervised Visitation Program Manager in providing a safe, neutral, accessible place for children to meet with their non-custodial parents or family members that is free of conflict or abuse.
- Ensure the safety of children who have been exposed to domestic violence, abuse, neglect, parental drug use, or other forms of trauma by:
- Supervising visits between children and non-custodial parents, including intervention and redirection as necessary
- Documenting all child & family interaction
- Reporting visit activities to Supervised Visitation Program Manager
- Referring to custodial and non-custodial parents to community resources as appropriate
- Maintaining program and client files.
- Maintaining visitation spaces
- Other duties as needed and outlined by the Supervised Visitation Program Manager or Executive Director
- Complete ongoing training regarding supervised visitation, crisis prevention, and trauma-informed care
- Ability to pass a background check
- Possession of valid driver’s license, good driving record and reliable vehicle for travel
- Knowledge of principles of trauma-informed care
- Experience as a volunteer or supervising volunteers
- Experience supervising children
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including data entry, and familiarity with Google Docs and Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to keep all client information confidential
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to organize and prioritize various tasks