CASA Program Manager
POSITION: CASA Program Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
HOURS: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Some evening and weekend hours required.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit Resume and Cover Letter to Sarah@YESiskiyou.org
The Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Siskiyou County program is dedicated to protecting the rights of children who have been removed from their homes because of severe and/or chronic child abuse and/or neglect. CASA volunteers advocate for foster children in the Court dependency system.
CASA of Siskiyou County is a program of Youth Empowerment Siskiyou, a private, non-profit agency that advocates for local trauma-exposed, foster and at-risk youth.
Responsible for management, supervision and overall programmatic oversight of the CASA program and volunteers per CASA/GAL Program Standards, agency standards, and State and local law. Works directly with the Juvenile Court, Juvenile Probation, social workers, attorneys and other community stakeholders representing abused children. Supervises and supports the Advocacy Supervisor and a caseload of CASA volunteer Advocates.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Recruit and train new CASA volunteer Advocates;
- Maintain case management system and waitlist of youth awaiting a CASA volunteer;
- Create and present monthly continuing education in-service training for volunteers;
- Complete monthly and quarterly grant and agency reports;
- Maintain volunteer Advocate and youth case files;
- Serve as liaison with social workers, attorneys, care providers and others;
- Attend team and case supervision meetings;
- Manage specialized program components or projects as assigned;
- Monitor performance of Advocates and outcomes of advocacy;
- Supervise and support the Advocacy Supervisor;
- Provide support and supervision for volunteer Advocates to include but not limited to:
- Assist Advocates while getting started on a new case, including orientation to best practices and community resources;
- Assist Advocates in the development of goals and a case plan for the child;
- Assist Advocates in identifying services that are lacking in the child's life;
- Assist Advocates in implementing and revising case plans, approaches, goals, and action steps;
- Problem solve with Advocates concerning all aspects of their cases;
- Assist with the preparation of Court reports for dependency Court and the development of recommendations related to placement, education, medical needs, and the emotional and behavioral well-being of the child, as appropriate.
- Additional duties as requested.
- Ability to pass background check and good driving record
- Undergraduate degree in Social Work or related field (Sociology, Psychology, Human Services, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of child abuse and the child welfare system
- Experience as a volunteer or supervising volunteers
- Valid Drivers license
CASA of Siskiyou County provides court appointed community volunteer advocacy to abused and neglected children with the belief that all children deserve safe, nurturing and permanent homes.